Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gives Me Hope

Children are amazing. And some of the most selfless individuals and the most inspiring people you will ever meet.

All these were found on the website Gives Me Hope. I encourage you to take a look.

"A little girl was dying of cancer and her younger brother had a match for the bone marrow she needed. The doctors told him it was a matter of life and death. After he had the surgery, he asked the doctors how long he had to live. He thought if he gave his bone marrow to let his sister live he would die - but he did it anyway."

"In 8th grade, there was a girl with special needs in my class. One day while walking home, I saw some mean boys telling her that there was gold in a puddle of mud. She ran over to the puddle of mud and started splashing in it, and the boys laughed as she got dirty. Instead of laughing, another boy in my class went up and started playing in the mud with her. He GMH". proof t hat it's not always the little ones who inspire

"My 8 year old friend, who has had brain cancer for over 2 years, had surgery for a port the other day (for chemo treatment). I asked her if she was scared. Her only response, "Am I going to be able to swim?" The whole ER laughed, including the surgeon. Her positive personality and courage GMH."

"I am 15. Today, a 4 year old boy approached me. He told me I was the most beautiful "lady" he had ever seen. He then asked me to marry him. I said yes and am now wearing a ring pop. A little boy's innocence GMH."

"At the kindergarten I work at a little girl had Leukemia. She drew a picture of herself with her Nana in Heaven. She then explained to me that she'll be there soon, and that she'll grant my wishes and I'll live a until I'm an old lady. She left kindergarten three weeks later. GMH"

"Today, I was walking past the park. I saw a bunch of 1st grade kids shooting on the goalie at soccer practice and cheering for the goalie. The goalie had Down Syndrome. They even cheered him on when he missed. Accepting children GMH."

"I am a third grade teacher. Most kids come in with notes or messages written by their mothers in their lunch sacks. One little girl's dad left, and her mother abuses drugs. But her 12 year old brother never fails to write "I love you" on her brown paper bag. He GMH."

And a story almost completely opposite that just defines the love of a mother - "Today, I was watching the news when I heard a sad but beautiful story. A tornado had went through a mobile home where a mom and her three kids lived. They found the mother over a mattress where her three boys were put under for safety. The mother died to save her kids. Mothers who are selfless in the last moment of their lives GMH."

"This morning, I found out who was mowing my lawn every week since my husband died. It was my 12 year old neighbor, Ophelia. Her family is also suffering from financial problems. She has done this every week, on her own, without asking for anything. Her kindness GMH."

"Today, on the crowded bus, an elderly lady got in with crutches. There was nowhere to sit, but a little girl, about 4 years old, got up out of her seat for her. Kindness no matter what the age GMH."

"Today, I watched a news about a six-year old girl who was burned from a fire that started in their home. Her face and her right arm were badly burned. She could've been saved from the burns if she didn't come back to the burning house to save her 3-year old brother. Her courage GMH."

There are so many more stories on that site that were just completely incredible. I just wanted to share a few with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment