Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Love My Lips

Ok, so I will admit that I started watching this show when I was in the 9th grade. See, I went to a Christian school my freshman and sophomore year in highschool and this is something I got to see during my Bible class. Why show Veggie Tales to highschoolers? Because you can. And because it's cute. And it gets the point across.

It's also great for kids (I had to throw that in there too). When I was a kid I can't tell you how bored I was most Sundays sitting in those hard backed wooden pews and stark white Sunday School classrooms listening to people talk about things that I didn't understand.

The songs are catchy and fun to sing. The movies/shows are cute and explain things to kids in a way a lot of adults can't. They grab their attention and hold it for a while. And what's best? The kids don't know that they're LEARNING at the same time!




A lot of times, I would prefer my kids watch these cartoons over a lot of others (i.e. SpongeBob - although I might be the ONLY parent that doesn't like that show). They teach morals and faith and manners. And sometimes just how to be silly.




The series is good, not just for Sundays, but for every day. I'm not ashamed to admit that I have just as much fun watching Veggie Tales as my kids do. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I loooooove Veggie Tales! I definitely will show it to Noah!

    ReplyDelete