Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Mother Is Never Just A Mother

I can't tell you how many other blogs and journals I have floating around on the internet. But I figured I'd create one that actually might be of some use to someone. Even if just a little bit. I am by no means an expert at being a mother. Believe me when I say there are many many more women who are much more capable than I who've had years more experience than I have. But I do know that I can at least offer advice. Or a shoulder. Or just silly stories that can entertain you for at least a few minutes during your busy day.

I'm 26 years old and I've been a mom since I was 19 years old. Yes, that is only 7 years. But in that 7 years I've had 2 children. I am very aware that there are many other women who have had more children in the same time frame... but 2 was enough for me. Heck, sometimes 2 feels like 2 too many, but I love my girls with every single fiber of my being. They are my world. Anyone who knows me knows that.

In the last 7 years I have learned that a mother is never just a mother. A mother is a physician. A burp rag. Sometimes, unfortunately, a toilet. LoL. A comedian. A chauffer. A bank. A ghostbuster. An artist. A librarian. A teacher. A student. A hair dresser. A makeup artist. A dictionary. A jungle gym... there are so many things a mother is to her child.

I don't know exactly how much I have to contribute to the world as far as knowledge goes. Because every parent learns these things along the way. I only hope to eliminate unnecessary suffering by sharing everything I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment