Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Why So Serious?

I decided to write this after reading a friends diary.

Lots of moms have self esteem issues.

They don't think they're pretty. Or they're overweight. Your singing voice isn't the greatest. You don't feel comfortable out in public in anything but jeans and a tshirt.

To your little person, you are the world.

You don't think you're pretty? Why not let your kids be your mirror. Look in their eyes when they look at you. You may not be runway model material, but to them, you're more beautiful than anyone else they've ever seen.

Overweight? They don't care. It makes you more comfortable to lay on. It makes you cuddly. More snuggly.

You don't think you're singing voice is the greatest? Your little person would be happy to sing a duet with you any time (unless they're trying to be the center of attention, then NO ONE can sing with them). I can't tell you how many times I've been told "You sing so pretty mama" by both of my kids when I was told "Don't quit your day job" by any adult that was listening to me (seriously though, I don't think I'm THAT bad).

You may feel like you're substandard. But your kids think you're a superhero.

Really.

Batman, Spiderman, Superman? Gisele, Tyra, Heidi? They've got nothing on mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment