Monday, November 29, 2010

Get The Hugs While You Can

Something you don't think you'd really have to be reminded about right?

You'd be surprised.

I know you love your kids. I'm not saying that you don't.

But when you're busy busy busy... how often do you stop just to hug them. To sit with them for a minute. Smile at them. TELL them that you love them, and always will.

We all think we'll have forever to do these things, but, none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

AND... even if we have YEARS of tomorrows... it's no secret that all too soon they won't WANT to hug you anymore. They won't want to sit with you or hold your hand. And telling them "I love you baby" will result in "MOOooom.... not in front of my friends".

They won't always be young and innocent. You won't always be their superhero.

Kind of bleak and depressing, but just trying to make a point.

I know I've done a similar post before... but I just think it needs to be stressed. In BOLD, italics, and underlined even.

Take time out of your day for a game of pretend. What's "One more story, please?" when that story is only 5 minutes long. They can never hear "I love you" enough. And, on the opposite end of the spectrum, what parent can ever hear too much of "I love you mommy" or "I love you daddy". Take a minute just to sit down and give them a big huge hug. Just because you feel like it. There doesn't need to be any other reason.

There's no guarantee that you'll be able to tomorrow... and, if you are, they may not want you to.


No comments:

Post a Comment